What Is Anonymous Visitor Identification?
Anonymous visitor identification is the practice of identifying anonymous visitors to a website. This can be done using cookies, IP addresses, or other tracking methods. The identification of anonymous visitors allows website owners and marketers to track the behavior of and target them with specific ads or content. This type of identification concept can also be used to prevent fraud and malicious activity on a website.
Visitors Should Be Given the Option To Opt Out
Anonymous online identification is used for useful purposes such as targeted advertising and fraud prevention. It should only be used if it is necessary, and anonymous visitors should be given the option to opt out of the ID process. Here are some excellent tips for those wishing to avoid this type of tracking:
1. Use an online anonymous visitor identification tool: There are many online services that offer anonymous visitor identification, such as Ghostery and Anonymizer. All you need to do is enter the URL of the website you want to visit, and these tools will provide you with a list of anonymous visitors.
2. Use a VPN service: A VPN (Virtual Private Network) encrypts your traffic and routes it through a server in another location, making it difficult for anyone to track your IP address. Popular VPN services include NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
3. Use TOR: TOR (The Onion Router) is a free network that allows users to browse the internet anonymously. Simply download the TOR browser and start browsing.
4. Use a proxy server: A proxy server acts as a middleman between your computer and the internet, making it difficult for anyone to track your IP address. Popular proxy services include HideMyAss and Anonymouse.
5. Use public Wi-Fi networks: When you connect to a public Wi-Fi network, your traffic is routed through that network’s server, making it difficult for anyone to track your IP address.
6. Clear your cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on your computer. They can be used to track your browsing history and activities. To clear your cookies, simply go to your browser’s settings and delete them.
7. Use private browsing mode: Private browsing mode is a feature offered by most web browsers. It prevents your browsing history and activities from being stored on your computer.
8. Use a tracks eraser: A tracks eraser is a software program that deletes your internet history and activity logs. Popular tracks erasers include CCleaner and Wise Disk Cleaner.
9. Use an anonymous search engine: When you use a search engine, your IP address and search terms are typically logged. To avoid this, use an anonymous search engine like DuckDuckGo or StartPage.
10. Avoid using your personal information: When creating an account on a website, use a fake name, birthday, and other personal information. Also, avoid using your real email address. Instead, create a new email account with a service like Gmail or ProtonMail.
Improve Security and Safety Online
At the end of the day this kind of identification technology has many uses. Those building and deploying websites can use this technology to increase the ability for a website to earn money. Conversely, others wish to avoid being tracked as much as possible. As discussed in the tips listed above, there are many ways to improve security and safety online as in Internet user. Whatever the case may be, one thing is sure and that is the technology is constantly changing and evolving. Staying ahead of the game with modern Internet marketing or simply surfing online means having access to the best information and the best tools.
Understand all the Fine Details of Search Engine Algorithms
While there are many companies that offer a wide range of services when it comes to Internet marketing, website design and social media marketing, one company continues to earn the trust and respect of customers across the country year after year. WYSIWYG Marketing is comprised of a team of professionals that understand all the fine details of search engine algorithms, website creation and Internet marketing as well as content marketing and other important aspects of digital marketing related services. To learn more about all that the company has to offer simply visit online or call today.