Is there a difference between your Brand & Logo?
What is a logo?
A logo is an easily recognizable, reproducible, visual design element, often including a name, symbol, specified colors, or trademark.
It is a quick, visual representation of a brand that is Recognizable — simple, memorable, appropriate, resizable, timeless. It doesn’t have to magically communicate everything a brand stands for or what a company does on its own, as it is simply a tool used for identification purposes.
What is a brand?
A brand is the culmination of every interaction with, experience of, thought about, and marketing practice by a business.
- From the business owner’s perspective, a brand encompasses the positioning, messaging, and communications, the visual design, the client/customer persona, the voice, the marketing and promotions, and the presence of the company.
- From the audience’s perspective, a brand is the reputation of a business that is created by how the business makes them feel, what their experience is like with the business, and what they think of the business.
Simply put, a brand is made up of every experience a customer, prospect, vendor, partner, or other person has with you, your business, product or service, online, offline, or in person, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
A Logo + A Brand
A logo by itself is merely a graphic element with a name. It is a piece of a brand used in visual communication. A brand is everything — tangible and intangible — that represents a business and gives its logo meaning. When combined, a well-designed logo and clear brand strategy help you effectively and efficiently reach your audience; communicate your message, your value, and benefits; visually attract more attention; and create extraordinary experiences.
So, my questions to you are:
- What are you doing to give your logo meaning?
- How are you proactively steering the development and growth of your brand and shaping how your business is perceived?
- What guidelines do you have in place to ensure your brand is showing up consistently in the world?
Our Strategy: Draw in your audience with compelling, custom graphic designs for your business. Our memorable and creative print designs will capture your business’ brand, services, and voice. Wow your audience with business cards that make a great first impression. Convey your services through a custom flyer, tri-fold, or brochure. Or, keep your business top of their mind with a direct mailer.
Want to tell us about your project? Let WYSIWYG Marketing's creative team walk you through our amazing process of re-branding, including Logo Design and much more!